Pages

Monday 28 January 2013

Tricky Trend: What The Tuck?

Noticed a bit of this happening in fashion shots and apparel retailers' marketing?

Peter Pan merino sweater in stripe
Photo: J Crew

Star Print T-Shirt
Photo: Country Road

The art of tucking a small part of your top into your jeans, trousers, shorts or skirt is trickier than it looks. Add to that a tummy and the heightened risk of camel toe and I don't blame you for approaching with caution, friends. As I have less of a tummy these days I am finally able to wear my skinnies with tops that don't necessarily cover my nether regions. So, I have tackled the tuck and come up with my own take on this trend. In these photos, I have taken a simple grey tee and tucked in a tiny amount of the hem into my jeans, then pulled it out slightly to create some excess fabric:


 
 
Tee: Country Road; Jeans: French Connection; Sunglasses: Karen Walker 'Deep Freeze'; Bracelet: Moochi; Shoes: Superga
Photos by Paul D

No comments:

Post a Comment