Pages

Saturday 15 June 2013

Style That Staple

Every woman has her go-to never-fail pieces that become part of her look. The look doesn't have to be cutting-edge fashion, it's just that it works for us. Thinking about the staples that make up my closet, I came up with this list:

Skinny Jeans
Black Cigarette/Slim-fit Trousers
Striped Fitted Tops/Sweaters
Silk Tops
Chunky Gold-tone Jewellery
Scarves
Diamond Stud Earrings
Trench Coats
Ankle Boots
Ballet Flats
Point-toe Heels
Peep-toe Heels
White Sandshoes
Metallic Flat Sandals
Anything Grey

Looking at this list, everything is very interchangeable:

Skinny Jeans + Silk Top + Ballet Flats
Skinny Jeans + Striped Top + White Sandshoes + Trenchcoat
Black Cigarette Pants + Silk Top + Point-toe Heels
Skinny Jeans + Fitted Sweater + Ankle Boots

Over the next few weeks I'm going to think about how I currently style these core pieces and how I can style them differently. Tomorrow, I plan to spend some time shopping my closet to get some outfit inspiration. Hey, the forecast is for rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment