Pages

Saturday 24 August 2013

A Classic

Karen Walker stores (to my knowledge) are the only New Zealand stockists of beautiful Saint James nautical tees and skivvies. Their unisex Naval II, Meridien II and Minquiers 10 styles are worn by fashionistas and bloggers the world over. And they're affordable too. All three of the above styles (and the womens Levant 10 short-sleeve tee) are available at Karen Walker's Auckland stores and their Wellington store.

I decided to get the Meridien II skivvy ($105) and Naval II tee ($95) in navy stripe on a cream background. They are seriously chic, friends.

If you are thinking of purchasing one online, I suggest the Minquiers 10 as a great place to start. Lighter fabric than the Meridien II, the Minquiers is a thick tshirt fabric with a crew neck and long sleeves. Sizing is a bit tricky to get right. This style runs large as it's unisex. I am a 14F and I bought an M. I would therefore suggest the following matches for NZ womens sizing:

20 = XXL
18 = XL
16 = L
14 = M
12 = S
8/10 = XS

They're supposed to be slightly slouchy, not tight on the body.

Here's a sneak preview of my two. I'll be styling these up in some photos soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment